Thursday, June 12, 2014

   Still feeling a bit puny these days. My 'gut's' are certainly doing better than they were 5 days ago, but they still just aren't right. Was feeling like I needed to go into an emergency room a couple of days ago, but thanks to our hopelessly inefficient health care service in this country, I kept putting it off long enough that my condition may actually be getting better on it's own now. Still; any time I can be this hungry and then this timid about eating anything.... well there has to be a problem. There is one bright side to it all I guess, so far I've managed to lose more than 20 lbs. Though I wouldn't recommend doing it this way to any one.
    Right now though the biggest impact on life is that Rima and I won't be travelling up to Oswego NY today to do the Great Bear Trio's "Groove" dance. What a bummer that is, since I've been looking forward to it for nearly the whole year. Not only are GBT playing, but they also have Perpetual e-Motion as their secondary band. Sometimes life just isn't fair.
    There is also the fact that I have barely stirred outside of the house for several days now. At times I feel pretty good and then I'll eat or drink something and it sends me right back to bed. So far today though it is feeling a lot better, only a very minor bit of pain.... but I'm still going to go and lay down after finishing this.
    Right now I am just hoping that I am on the road to recovery. I really don't want to do much except hang out and take it easy. Still lots of chores that need to be done, but they are on the back burner until I'm certain there won't be a relapse. Still looking at leaving and heading west, but the exact date is really up in the air. The idea of driving for 4 days straight doesn't really appeal to me right at the moment. Will just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment