Friday, June 27, 2014

   Pulled into Imperial Nebraska early yesterday afternoon after spending several hours driving the last couple of hundred miles. It wasn't too hard of a day of driving, sunny with a little wind, but overall, not too warm.
    No one was home when I first got to my sisters home, but they left to door open for me and it was nice to walk in to a nice cool home and take a load off. I brought in a few clothes for my stay here and then settled in. I read my book for a little while, it's the newest Janet Evanovich novel, 'Takedown Twenty'. But in the end I simply fell asleep and napped until I heard my sister mowing the lawn out side my window.
   Went out and helped with what ever I could, but she is just a mowing maniac with her own little riding mower. It didn't take very long for her and Mark to finish it all up and about the only thing I helped with was dumping the grass catcher once in a while.
   Once that chore was done, and the grass clippings had been taken out to the dump, we loaded up and went over to pretty much the only restaurant left in town. Lucky for me it is a Mexican food place and overall the food is pretty good. I had a nice dinner of Carna Asada, steak, with rice and beans. It was very tasty, but my brother in laws meal, shrimp fajitas, looked even better. Next time that is what I'm going to try.
    There was an amazing rain storm that went through the area late last night after we had all gone to bed. I laid in bed for more than an hour and just watched the fire works outside the window. As a result of all of the rain it is nice and cool out this morning, though it looks like it will start to warm up again soon. The weather channel is saying that additional storms are due in the area later this afternoon and for several days in a row. High wind and hail and maybe tornados, oh my. I need to go out and check on the trailer and make sure it and the truck are ready to go just in case it needs to be moved in a hurry.
   Other than that there isn't a whole lot that I need to do today. I think I'll try and finish up some pictures I've been working on as well as read some more of my book.... and then there is always time for a nice nap at some point.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment