Sunday, September 21, 2014

    Had a busy day yesterday so there wasn't a lot of time, nor desire, to get anything down on paper. It might of been having to get up at 6:00 a.m. in the morning after only 5 hrs of sleep, but that was my own fault of course. There was no real need to stay up reading so late the night before, nor was it necessary to schedule breakfast with one of my niece's, Christy, along with her 3 young daughters, at Racine's, right as they opened at 8:00. On the other hand, who could resist spending some time with those 4. The girls are aged from about 4 to 8 and they are the cutest, most well behaved and mature kids I have ever been around.
    I had never had breakfast at Racine's, seldom being up that early in the morning, but breakfast there is nearly worth the effort of getting up. I had this wonderful California omelet with black olives, avocado, cheese and all the rest, as well as a huge pile of hash brown potato's and a biscuit. A fun time catching up with Christy and the girls. All have crazy-busy lives with school and sports for the girls, and a new job in the family business for Christy. It was very enjoyable and the good food just made it even better.
   Once done there I headed north to Longmont. Needed to go up and drop off some stuff at the trailer as well as pick up a few things I had left there. Also needed to go over to the bank for a few moments and make sure everything there was all taken care of. Knowing that I probably won't be back in town for at least 10 months can make you nervous if you aren't sure everything is taken care of before you leave.
    Back to the house after that, and after a quick walk for the dog, it was time to settle in and finish up some projects I needed to do before leaving. Strange as it sounds dealing with all the magazines I have gathered over the last few months was high on the list. Nearly 40 lbs. of paper needed to be dealt with. Some of the magazines simply had to be sorted out and consigned to the recycle pile, but some of them, such as my model railroading and chicken magazines had articles in them that I wanted to keep for references later on. But I would just as soon not carry around the 20 lbs. of ads and other articles that didn't interest me. So I went through all of them one by one and cut out everything I wanted to keep. Sorted them all out into broad categories and then put them into three ring binders that will keep everything all neat and available for use. Not quite done with it all yet, but I'm down to the last dozen magazines or so.
   Also spent some time and loaded up some of the native flute Cd's my friend has acquired over time. It should be nice to spin some of them on the iPod while heading down the highway.
   Last on the list last night was doing the laundry one last time. I'm going to miss having a nice washer and dryer at my disposal anytime I want. Guess it will be back to using the coin operated ones along the way once again.
    This morning was spent finishing up some additional things around the house that needed to be done. There were cat boxes to be cleaned, as well as picking up the back yard. Cleaning up a little bit around the house just so it doesn't look too dirty when Tom and Donna get back this evening.
    I'm headed to Pueblo in just a little while. My aunt and uncle Thurston are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary today with over 100 guests. I'm looking forward to seeing them and all of my cousins, as well as a few others that I know the names of but don't really know at all. So I better finish up here and get a move on.


brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment