Thursday, September 25, 2014

   Yea, I'm finally back on the road again. Took off from Denver about mid morning today, after packing up and saying good by to my friends one last time. They sure were great to put up with me for such a long period of time and I sure appreciate everything they did for me over the past two months.
    Stopped at the storage unit first and picked up some stuff it'll be needing later on in the trip. Then a quick trip to the bank and a stop to fill the tank before finally getting over to the storage area where the trailer was parked. Had to put a bunch of stuff away and then hook up the batteries and turn the propane on so it took a little time to get Esmerelda all hooked up and ready to go. The only real bummer is that the electric lift at the front wasn't working so I had to do all of the lifting of the tongue, and then dropping it back on the ball, with a socket wrench I always keep handy. My guess is that there is just a problem with the wiring, a short or something like that. I'll get it working again as soon as I can find some time to look at it.
    Headed over to Discount Tires after that and had them put a couple new tires on the trailer. No problem with any of that and after getting them installed and all the tire pressures checked I finally felt like I was on my way.
    Only one other errand to do before hitting the highway however, that was a quick stop at the office where they deal with my trailer storage spot. I decided to cancel it out this year instead of just paying the monthly charge the year around. It was certainly convenient to just pull in and drop the trailer off, but at $35 per month it was costing me at least $350 per year to 'not' be there. So I turned in my electronic key and will have to decide next year what I need to do.
    Headed north out of Colorado hitting Cheyenne around 3:00. Am now more than 200 miles along my way and am holed up in Rawlins for a bit so I can get some food. Will need to go another 60 miles or so before the next rest area comes up. Hope there will be a space waiting for me when I arrive, so I better get on my way.
   It feels great to be on the road again.


brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment