Tuesday, September 23, 2014

   Spent most of the day just sorting stuff out and getting ready to get back on the road again. Worked on some more pictures this afternoon and the last of this set are posted below. For the first set you will need to go back to yesterdays post. This evening my friends George and Marge came over to Tom and Donna's for dinner, and then hung around and watched a 51 minute presentation Tom put together of photo's and video taken during the Green River canoe trip a couple of weeks ago. It was my second time seeing it and he really did a nice job of putting it all together this year.
    Tomorrow looks to be busier for me as my dentist called this afternoon to say that my new crown had come in. They have me scheduled to meet them at 2:30 in the afternoon to have them put it on. I certainly hope it all fits this time. It's the first official day of fall today and the trees are either turning or already starting to drop their leaves. Either way it is way past  time for me to be here.
   Also on tap tomorrow is lunch with Tom, we always try to get together if we are in town at the same time and go out to lunch or dinner to celebrate our birthdays.
   And then later on in the afternoon it looks like a final boy's night out at the movies for us all. Still don't know what it is we will be seeing, but it really doesn't matter all that much. In the mean time; enjoy the pictures.

Dale Chihuly Glass at Denver Botanical Gardens - Aug 2014


More of those long thin 'grass' like sculptures he seems to like.





It is amazing to me how he blends all the elements of water and plants and glass all together into one single piece.

They have a pretty extensive Japanese garden area including several structures and this beautiful gate.This is my girlfriend Rima.

I was intrigued by the little white flashes of color on these and other sculptures that made it look like they were lit up from the inside.



Inside the tropical building it was already dark enough to turn a few of the lights on. It gave a whole different feel to some of the structures. 

These reminded me of some kind of alien fungus for some reason.

A whole different look. Where as all the others we had seen were shiny and brightly colored, this one was muted in color and almost looked coarsely textured. I thought this one looked like melting ice cubes.

Medusa and her hair?

A closer look at the last one and it still reminds me of a big ball of red and yellow snakes.

Finally... least we totally forget what the botanical gardens are all about.... here is one look at a real life piece of art. It too has a stunning shape and gorgeous colors.



p.s. My Blog passed the 20,000 hit's mark a couple of days ago. While I know that isn't a lot in an age where some people get more than that in a few minutes.... I'm pretty surprised, and happy about it. Still not getting many comments on it however... other than the usual spam ones anyway.

brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment