Monday, September 29, 2014

   It rained, off and on, for most of last night and then on into the morning. It sounds good here in the trailer. Much like listening to the rain while safely tucked into a tent when I was much smaller. It has been cloudy and grey all day, with short bursts of rain at times. It has made it difficult to plan any outdoor activities of any length. It's okay though.... I was feeling a need for some alone time for a change. The last couple of months have been a lot of fun hanging out with my friends and family, but it hasn't been conducive for just quiet contemplation. So today I did some of that.
    There were a few errands that had to be done however. First on the list was to take the other 30 lb. propane tank over and get it filled. I ran it over to this local RV place just down the road a mile or so. The advertised propane for $0.99 per gal., so at 7.4 gallons it cost me all of $7.33 to fill it up. It's a far cry from the $23+ I paid the other day to fill the other one up. But it was needed at the time so no big deal.
    I also spent a couple hours tracking down the problem with my electrical lift at the front of the trailer. This is the thing that raises the trailer tongue up and down so you can hook and unhook it from the truck. It felt like an electrical short from the start so that is where I began looking for the problem. In the end it turned out to be a problem in one of the wires running from the battery to the motor. That wire has a fusible link, essentially just a fuse, on it and somehow some moisture managed to make it's way into the housing and rusted out some of the contacts.  I used an old used emery board to sand it all bright and smooth again and when it all went back together it worked just right.
   By that time it was already late and lunch was sounding pretty good. I had seen a biscuit recipe on facebook a couple weeks ago and decided to try it out since I had picked up all the ingredients the other day. There are actually only four items in the biscuits so it didn't seem like it could be to difficult. I mixed together the 'Bisquick', sour cream and 7-up that the recipe called for and then spread the melted butter on the bottom of the pan I used to bake them in. Couldn't quite knead it as well as I would of liked too, but it seemed like I had done enough so I just pressed the dough into the bottom of the pan and then popped it into a 450 degree oven for about 12 minutes. They came out just about perfect. I think further kneading might of made them rise a little more, but really they came out pretty fluffy, but still dense enough to put jam or honey on them without them crumbling away. I ate way to many of them.
    Once I finished up eating, it was time to get out and about. I ended up over at the movie theatre watching the movie 'The Box Trolls', so actually not outside that much. But it was raining again so what the heck. The movie was very fun if you are a fan of stop action Claymation style animation. A fun little script and good production values, I would put this movie up along side 'Chicken Run' as an equally good movie.
   Just hanging out at the trailer this evening. I finally got most of my loose stuff packed away where it all belongs. It is going to be a little tight in here for a couple of months as I have some of my tools stashed away in the bedroom. Better than the back seat of the truck at least.
   Will be heading off to Seattle in the morning. It has been wonderful being here in the area even if I didn't see my family as much as I should of.... Next time. Looking forward to being in the NW again after so many years. Lots of old places to see and reconnect with. Plus I just looked on line and found that there ought to be a local contra dance or two that I can go dance to while there. Right now though I better go get the dishes washed and then read a little bit in my book.


brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment