Sunday, February 28, 2016

  A fine day all around. Went and did the last sessions of contra dancing at the 'GODS' weekend dance. I missed some of the morning session because it was way to early and my feet were still sore. But the afternoon session was a fun time. The saddest part is in knowing that I won't see some of those people again for another year. It is nice to know that I have friends, or at least people I know, all over the country these days, so it will be sad to know I won't dance with some of them for a long time.
   Not much else going on today. It was beautiful out this afternoon so I spent some time outside just hanging out. The pet chicken that runs around the RV park here came by and clucked around my feet for several minutes. She seems to like the attention she receives and will let you pet her a little bit if you move slow enough.
    Just hanging out this evening. Worked on some pictures from a couple of weeks ago and they are posted below. My girl friend Rima and I spent a day driving over to Wakula Springs one of the days she was here and we stopped by St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge when we finished up visiting there. These are just a few pictures from that day.

St Marks Lighthouse near Wakula Springs Florida
February 12, 2016


Looking west at the lighthouse from a lookout platform they have over looking the salt marsh.


This is actually the third lighthouse built in this area, the first two being destroyed by hurricanes and surging seas.

Rima



(From Lighthouses by Map website). Using grant money, the Fish and Wildlife Service had the Fresnel lens removed from atop St. Marks Lighthouse in November 2014 so the lantern room could be restored. The lens was transported to Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse, where a team of volunteers spent over 500 hours cleaning the historic artifact before it was returned home the following March and placed on display in St. Marks Wildlife Refuge’s visitors center.... That small little light on the left hand side of the lantern room is the current lighthouse light.  


I like the light in these last two photo's. I think they would make a great painting. ( Hint, hint Barb.)


*brk

No comments:

Post a Comment