Sunday, February 28, 2016

   Danced the night away last night. It was day two of the 'GODS' weekend contra dance, and last night was the main dance of the day. Three hours of fun, hot and sweaty good times. Both of the bands were on fire and the callers pulled out some of their best material. I sat out a total of 3 dances during the whole night, but it was nice to be able to dance all the way through to the last waltz at 11:15 without my left leg giving out on me. Granted; my feet were really tired at the end of the night, but a couple ibuprofen fixed that problem over night. Today is the last session of the dance and I am looking forward to some good dancing later on this morning and into the afternoon.  
   Have been trying to firm up some plans for this next week as far as where to move the trailer to. The plan had been to go on over to the Jacksonville area tomorrow and hope that there might be a campsite open in one of the two state parks over there, but I had wanted to have a fall back plan at another RV park just in case that didn't work out. So I have been busy on the phone trying to find some place to stay, but that evidently seems to be a very desirable area at this time of the year and I can't seem to find anything open for more than a single night. So with that in mind it seems like it would be good to just stay here for another week if they have a site available. A suitable site being the one I'm sitting in right now.
   So about the only other thing that has been going on is that I finally got my taxes done for last year. Other than some minor problems with the WiFi going out a couple of times as I tried to access some banking and work records, it wasn't to difficult to gather everything up and get it all done. Lucky for me, I guess, there isn't much to my taxes any more. There are no deductions for a home any more, nor any other deductions of any note at all. So I just take the standard deduction and figure it all from there. It probably means that I pay a significant higher percentage of taxes than most people, but I really don't mind too much. As long as it seems to be somewhat equitable, I don't mind paying taxes. I like having good roads to drive on and nice state parks to visit and a good police and fire department to call on if needed, and even a strong military, though I do feel we spend way to much on that part. I also think it is important to have some programs in place to help those who are less fortunate than I am. It haunts my thoughts to think that I could be one bad accident away from living under a bridge for the rest of my life. But enough of my ranting, I'm off to do some dancing and lose myself in the music and movement.

*brk

No comments:

Post a Comment