Friday, February 26, 2016

   The weekend contra dance put on by the Gainsville dance community started this evening. The 'GODS', Gainsville Oldtime Dance Society, are putting on the 3 day event and they have brought in some amazing talent to dance too. For music they have both 'Notorius' and 'Nightwatch' as bands and calling is being done by Will Mentor, one of my favorites, and Angela DeCarlis, someone I have not danced to before, but who seems to be more than adequate.
    So I got there at 7:30 and started dancing as soon as the first 'mixer' dance was finished up. After that I danced through until the last waltz at 11:00 p.m., sitting out only 1 dance in the first half and only 2 dances in the 2nd. Otherwise I danced the whole time with only the mid dance break for re-hydrating and getting some grapes and m&m's for sustenance.
   I'm back in the trailer right now and feeling tired but happy. Once the ibuprofen kicks in I'll head off to bed for some much needed sleep.
   The dancing starts up again at 10:00 tomorrow morning, but I doubt I'll get there until late afternoon at the earliest. I am finding that as I grow older 3-4 hrs of hard dancing is enough for one day, other wise I just don't want to get up the next morning.

*brk

No comments:

Post a Comment