Wednesday, February 24, 2016

   Rain pretty much all morning and early afternoon today. Woke up to the patter of raindrops on the roof around 6:30 a.m. and it didn't really stop until 3:30 this afternoon. No problem though, I just put the kettle on and drank hot tea and read the comics and did crossword puzzles.
   It could of been worse, I have heard that the country north of here really got nailed by this cold weather front, with tornado's in the Florida panhandle and high winds and torrential rains from the Gulf of Mexico on into Virginia and Maryland.
   The wind finally calmed down here after the sun went down and it is suppose to get cold tonight as the skies clear up, with actual frost warnings in the low areas. So it may be time to get the electric heaters out again.
    Did some planning for where I am going to next starting on Monday of next week. Have checked out several different state parks between Florida and Virginia but so far the only one I have made reservations at is in Georgia, and that won't be until March 7th through the 13th. I have reservations at Crooked River SP on the coast just over the border with Florida. It will be fun to explore the area between Jacksonville FL and Savannah GA. There looks to be several lighthouse's along that section of coast that I have never seen.
   Tomorrow I'll make a few phone calls and see if I can't get something for next week here in NE Florida and then something up near Norfolk Virginia for later in March. Worse case scenario is that I'll just stay here for a few more days. Certainly not the worse thing that could happen. 
   Otherwise it has been quiet here this evening. Once done with this I'll probably just make another cup of hot tea and cuddle up with another book.

*brk

No comments:

Post a Comment