Thursday, February 25, 2016

   Really cold first thing this morning. I knew the cold front that blew through yesterday was going to drop the temperature over night, but I wasn't expecting it to get down to near freezing.... okay, so yes I did, that's the reason I turned the heaters on last night. But it was still colder than I care for these days. I even had to get up, turn the thermostat up higher and wait under the covers for it to warm up a bit before getting out of bed. What a wimp I have become.
   But the rest of the day was nice, even though it was cooler than it has been this past week. Really though it is hard to complain much about a high temperature in the high 60's, when parts of the country are suffering from much colder and snowy weather.
   The idea was to get out and about later this afternoon and enjoy some of that sunshine, but I ended up getting caught up in a new book and reading instead. Soon it was nearly 6:00 in the evening and I had to run to get out of the house and get into town for dinner.
    I had a ticket to a play this evening, so the idea was to take myself out to dinner before hand. Because it was only me, the choice of where to go for dinner was easy, I of course went to my favorite Mexican place and had another burrito. Since it is such an oddity in most places, I opted for  a 'Chivo' burrito, or one with pulled goat meat. Yum!
  I then spent a pleasant evening at the Gainsville Hippodrome watching a newer play called 'Women in Jeopardy'. A funny romp with 6 actors creating memorable characters with a decent plot and some sly sexual innuendo that will keep you laughing the whole time..... I so enjoy being entertained.
   Back at the trailer now the heaters are back on so that the trailer will warm up enough to feel comfortable. More reading is on the agenda and then it's off to bed. Tomorrow another contra dance weekend starts here in Gainsville. It seems like it has been a long, long time since I have done any dancing so I am really ready to go and have some fun.

*brk

No comments:

Post a Comment