Sunday, March 6, 2016

   Have been busy this evening packing up stuff here in the trailer. Seems hard to believe, but I have actually been here for more than a month... or at least the trailer has been. It's been pleasant enough here, but it is certainly time to get on the road again, so tomorrow I'll pack the rest of my stuff up, drain all of the tanks, and hook the trailer up to the truck and be on my way. With any luck a few hours later I'll pull into Crooked Creek State Park in Georgia and get set up for a week of exploration there.
   With all of that in mind I made sure to run into Gainsville late this afternoon and have one more Beef Cheek Burrito at La Tienda Latina. Of all things, I think that is one of the things that I will be missing the most.
   After eating, it was off to the market where I picked up a bunch of avocados, they are only 75 cents each there, and a roaster chicken for a later dinner. So far tonight I've just been hanging out reading and finishing up some computer file cleanup. Since it is still early enough I'm going to stick a movie in the DVD player and watch one I've never seen before, 'Yankee Doodle Dandy'. I'm sure it will be very patriotic and a little bit hokey, and it's still in black and white instead of being 'colorized'.
    The photos below are of the resident chicken that wanders around the RV park here. She evidently just showed up one day and just hangs around checking every thing out. She met me the first day I showed up and when I opened the door she tried to jump in the truck with me. It seems that she tries to do that with just about every one. These pictures show her getting comfy with Rima one morning when we were getting ready to go somewhere. One tale had her jumping into a van one night and getting locked in accidentally. The next morning the owner found that she had pooped all over the back of his seat..... but she also left an egg for him. She jumped in the truck yesterday when I left the front door open and then I had to go from door to door trying to get her to jump back out. She's a real character and I'm going to miss hearing her clucking under the trailer in the morning. Oh... I named her Henrietta, I think everybody else has their own name for her, but that one seemed a good fit too me.  

Henrietta, the Resident McIntosh RV Chicken - Feb/Mar 2016


Henrietta Chicken. Most likely a Road Island Red. She comes running if she sees you open your truck door. 

Checking out Rima's Tennis shoes.

Up and in she goes.

She really likes to get up under the gas and brake peddles.

She will let you pet her if you go slow, but that doesn't seem to be the reason she jumps up into the vehicle. I wonder if she is trying to find a past owner who use to take her for rides?


*brk

No comments:

Post a Comment