Tuesday, March 22, 2016

    Made it into Floyd Virginia yesterday afternoon and even had enough daylight left to get the trailer unhooked and set up out by the barn. I had been up early in order to get it packed up and ready to go by 9:00 in the morning, and even though it was a cold morning I was lucky enough that it had at least stopped raining.
    The drive was almost due west on Hwy 58 out of Suffolk. At about 270 miles it took me a little more than 6 hours to do the trip, including stops for gas and lunch. A beautiful, sunny afternoon by the time I pulled in to Rima's place where the trailer has its own little space that it likes to live in while here. It only took a little time to get it backed into it where I could unpack a few clothes and bathroom stuff, grab my computer and Kindle and head down to the house.
   Spring has started springing here with many of the fruit trees blooming. The daffodils, crocus and grape hyacinths were also out in all of their glory including many of the ones that Rima and I planted last fall. I had just a little time to walk around and work the kinks out of my legs and butt before Rima got home from work.
   So fun to see her again after nearly 6 weeks of being apart.We seem to be able to pick up right where we left off when we meet up again so that meant going into town for some food. Went to our favorite restaurant in Floyd, Micky G's, of course. There are always so many different choices to be had including several specials on most days. Rima did get a special involving ravioli which was delicious, but I opted for one of their individual pizza's since I had been craving that for weeks. Good food and good company.... it doesn't get much better than that.
  Rima is off to work already today and won't be home until after choir practice in Roanoke this evening. So I'm on my own until nearly 10:00 at least. Still cold this morning so I think I'll do some paperwork stuff and then head out to the local hardware/farm store to see about buying a new chain saw. Rima has one that we have been using hard these past couple of years, but it is a little under powered when it comes to cutting down 16"-24" thick hardwoods. After consultation it looks like a 'Stihl' brand saw with a 20"-24" bar should be the ticket. With any luck I'll be able to go get one and still have time this afternoon to actually use it.

*brk

No comments:

Post a Comment