Monday, March 14, 2016

   Spent last night in a rest area just inside the South Carolina border. Jessica and I did just fine there even if we were parked only 50 feet or so from the interstate. To tell you the truth though, I was tired enough that it didn't really matter where I parked the truck and trailer. It had been a long 7 hours of being on the road, and between the rain storm in Georgia and the 3 hours of stop and go traffic, my mind was kind of mushy and my tush was suffering too. Fortunately the only real problem was not being able to plug my CPAP machine in. I seem to do okay without it for short periods of time, in other words I didn't seem to wake up to often last night, but I must of snored like a banshee all night cuz my throat was pretty dry this morning.
    I was up and on the road pretty early morning. There were still more than 350 miles to go so it was going to be a long haul. Thankfully it was on the cooler side and cloudy for most of the day, so I didn't need the air conditioning very often. I pulled into my campsite just outside of the town of Suffolk Virginia around 4:30 this afternoon, and after checking in, got Jessica parked and all set up for the week. I did a short walk around the campground here and found that it is pretty nice as far as a commercial outfit is concerned. It certainly isn't as pretty as the state park I was at last week, but it does have a few things going for it, one of them being a onsite WiFi signal so there isn't a need to go to a local burger joint to get on line.  
   But really, I don't plan on spending a lot of time here at the campground anyway. Tomorrow I'm headed off to a Maritime Museum down in Newport News, as well as trying to find a lighthouse out on 'Old Point' in the town of Fenwick.
    Wednesday looks like it will be off to Jamestown where I hope to meet up with a contra dancing friend of mine for the day. She seems to be pretty knowledgeable about the site and it will be fun to see her again and maybe have lunch or dinner with her.
   Thursday it will be on to Williamsburg for the day and then Friday; maybe another lighthouse down in N. Carolina. Still have a few more things on my list after that, but we'll just have to see how motivated I am by then.
    Right now though I'm going to go crawl in bed and read until my book falls on my head..... then I'll know for sure it's time to go to sleep.

*brk

No comments:

Post a Comment