Friday, October 25, 2013

    Made it into the campground just east of Nashville just before 5:00 p.m. last night. There was no problem with my reservation, much to my relief, so it only took a few moments for them to print out a windshield pass and hand me a map and trash bag. It may have been a while since I had to unhook and set up, but old habits evidently die hard as it only took about 20 min's to be all set up, with the water line attached and the portable heaters working away trying to dispel several weeks worth of cold weather.

   I pretty much just holed up for the night at that point. After more than 7 hours of driving, mostly into the wind, I was a bit worn out physically and emotionally. I heated up some chili and made a cheese quesadilla and drank a beer while reading my book.

    After a good 9 hours of sleep it was back into my regular routine of eating breakfast while checking out the comics, the crossword puzzle, and checking email and face book. Once done with that it was time to head out for some grocery shopping, as the fridge and pantry were starting to look a little bare. Found a local grocery store and picked up enough for about a week or so and then went looking for some lunch. Really had a craving for Chinese food, so I ended up clear on the NE part of Nashville at a local 'Hibachi and Sushi' place. Not bad, and it settled my craving for a while. Also gave me a chance to just sit and decompress a little bit while paging through a couple new magazines.

   Am back at the trailer again now and am getting ready for an evening of dancing. Tonight's dance will showcase the band 'Elixer' with their Big Band/Celtic/Bluegrass/etc. style of music. Looking forward to seeing a few old friends here and maybe even meeting some new ones. One never knows who they will run into at one of these places. Right now though I need to go shave and trim my beard. It, as well as my hair, have been getting kind of long and crazy these last few weeks. At least I can do something about the beard right now, the hair will have to wait for another day or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment