Tuesday, October 15, 2013

    The weather finally cleared off enough yesterday afternoon for me to make it outside for a while. Took a little time to break the ladder out one more time and take another look at the trailer roof. My skylight leak has finally gone down to just a trickle, but it was still leaking, so one more look couldn't hurt. Went over the remaining unpatched and caulked section and found some very small cracks right along the edge on one side. Had seen them before and just assumed that they didn't go all the way through the EPDM fabric that is what they used to cover the roof at the factory. But this time I just figured, Why Not, and stuck another piece of bituminum fabric tape over that area also. Only time, and another rain storm, will tell if I guessed correctly this time.

    Once done with that chore, it was on to trimming trees right here around the house at Rima's place. Lot's of dead limbs, and dead trees close by, so I spent several hours cutting off what I could and hauling it off to the forest. Also marked a whole bunch of trees around here that are either dead or damaged enough that they need to come down. Since she is in need of firewood anyway it seems like a win-win kind of situation as long as we can get to them in time. As it is, my time here is fast approaching it's end. But I'll be back at some point soon, of that I am sure.

    Rima got home around 5ish and we headed in to Christiansburg for a house concert at some friends of hers. Prior to that though we dropped off a pair of her dancing shoes to a guy she knows there that does shoe repair and makes orthodic inserts. I only listened to them talk for 10 minutes or so but it soon became apparent that this man was a genius as far as shoe's, feet and shoe repair are concerned. If I wanted something special done to a shoe or had a foot problem, this would be the man to see.... and cheap too!

    We had a very quick dinner after that at a local Indian Restaurant there in Christiansburg. I had a lamb Biranyi and Rima some type of chicken curry with rice. Yum! Had enough to bring home for dinner tonight... but it's to late, I already ate it for lunch.

    The house concert was at a dance friends house who has his own little space above the garage for this kind of thing. Tonight it was two women from, I think they said, New Hampshire and Connecticut, who had spent a year at a music school in Sweden last year. They sang and played about 20 tunes last night on their fiddle's and nyckelharpa. I'm not really sure what makes a tune 'Swedish' or 'Finnish' or what ever, but it was real apparent when you heard them play it. Even without it being a recognizable 'Hambo', you could still tell that it was a tune from the far north latitudes. A very entertaining evening where we got to sit and listen in this really intimate little space less than 10 feet from the players. A glass of wine in hand, a little chocolate and a chance to talk to the performers, all for $10..... how can that be bad!!!!!

    Looks like another beautiful day today. I have some  pictures to down load and look at yet this morning and then I need to get outside and enjoy the day a little bit. I think it will be more wood cutting and mowing to do today... maybe a little cooking later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment