Friday, October 11, 2013

    Spent most of the day yesterday dealing with paperwork that has been neglected for far to long. Got caught up on my bill paying and other banking as well as taking care of other corrospondance that needed to be dealt with.

   Took time off to head into Floyd for lunch with my friend. A nice hour or so eating some good food while watching the rain come down outside. I'm still really surprised at how many good eateries there are in a town the size of Floyd. Most towns of 500 might have a small café or two, but we ate at 'Good Fellows' yesterday and had some pretty awesome food.

    Spent most of yesterday afternoon moving firewood from one place in the wood shed to another. Had to get all of the old, dry stuff out front where it could be used up first before it rotted in place. Also needed a place to put some of the new stuff in until it could dry out and be usable. Along the way I had to stack a bunch of pine scraps that were just tossed on the dirt floor and re-stack a bunch of small branches that are used for kindling.

     Last night was a quiet evening for me. Had time to put together and bake one of my zucchini cakes. The cake turned out okay, but the brand new bundt pan I had bought just a day or so ago, like all bundt pans I have ever used, made the cake stick to it even after buttering and flouring the whole inside. It still came out tasting fine though, even if it did fall apart when I took it out. Tasted good with a little hot tea both last night and this morning for breakfast.

    Still cloudy this morning, but not really raining today. Doing some laundry right now and getting ready to pack up and get ready to head off to Tennessee later this afternoon. The 'Mountain Madness dance weekend starts up around 6:30 this evening and will go to nearly midnight tonight, not counting after dancing parties, and then through all of tomorrow and most of Sunday. A wonderful line up of talented musicians and callers, plus a chance to see friends I haven't seen and danced with for way to many months. I'm not taking the computer with me.... so my lackadaisical posting will be even more sporadic for a couple of days. Now, off to finish up laundry.

 







kg

No comments:

Post a Comment