Tuesday, July 29, 2014

   Busy, yet almost boring day for me today. Was up a little late, 9:00 a.m., to begin with, but probably because I had a hard time falling asleep last night for some reason. Might of been to warm, but hard to really say.....  Anyway; George and Marge were on their way over to some other friends house, Tom and Donna, to do a little canoeing out on their lake before it got too hot or the wind picked up. Neither of which actually happened today, as it stayed cloudy and there was only a little rain activity this afternoon.
     For me it was time to grab a little breakfast and head out the door. Was headed over to the Service Department at the local Ford dealer in order have some work done on the truck. They seemed to be extremely busy today so I ended up spending nearly the whole day, 7 hours, there. Hadn't expected to be there that long or I would of made arrangements to be picked up by one of my friends. In the end they managed to do a complete oil change with filter, replace the gas filter, new air filter and service the fuel injector system. They also polished out my headlights as the lenses on them were getting pretty scratched and faded. In the end they gave that service to me for free because they knew they had taken way to much time on the rest of the stuff. Along the way though they also did one of their standard checks of everything else and really didn't come up with anything major to do. Still; with that being said I will need to take the truck in again at least one more time as I would like to have them change the transmission fluid and filter, as well as check out how much wear there is in there while they have it all open. They will also have to re-visit the noisy lifter that I have, once a few miles and some time has elapsed since I poured in this secrete additive to the oil. (It seems to be working already).
    I was starved once the truck was finally done so it was a quick dash over to Chipotle for some dinner. It's not like eating real Mexican food, but it tastes pretty good anyway.
   Got back to G and M's around 8:00 and spent the rest of the evening reading more of my book as well as starting in on the box of mail I picked up last night at my friend Tom's place. Speaking of that, I never talked about the canoe trip meeting we had last night. Only 6 of the 9 people going  on the trip could make it, but the other 3 will do just fine. Sandy and Fino have been on several canoe trips already, and the other participant, Rima, will be going with me, so she should be okay also.
    After thousands of paddling miles under all our belts, the canoe meeting is pretty much just a formality for many of us, but it is still so much fun just being around other boaters and talking boating. We had a fun time of it, had a drink or two and then pie and ice cream for dessert. Now it's just a matter of finding all my boating and camping gear before we go, buy all the groceries and deal with all of the other 1,001 items that need to be thought of between now and the put in on the Green River.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment