Saturday, July 5, 2014

   Extremely warm here in the panhandle of Nebraska. The weather report has the temp topping out at 102 degrees this afternoon, but I think it will go even hotter than that before it is all done with. That being said, it is still a 'dry' heat with very little humidity to go with it, so while unpleasant, it isn't as bad as it could of been.
   Last night was another wonderful night for sleeping, with the temp dipping down somewhere into the 50's. I spent the rest of yesterday driving around through the towns of Hemingford and Crawford before returning to Chadron and the trailer up in the park. It was even a little noisy clear out there in the State Park, with fire works going off until nearly midnight. But I am sure there was a lot less noise than there would of been here in town. I just spent the night reading my book and a couple of magazines before getting a good nights sleep.
   It was a slow morning today with me up by 8:00 and enjoying the cool of the day. I even got a little ambitious and actually cooked up a couple eggs, sausage, onions and stuff to make a couple breakfast burritos. It was pretty tasty!
   I started a new book last night so there was more reading to do this morning while laying on the couch listening to the 'Car Guy's' on the local NPR station. Of course as the day warmed up it was harder and harder to keep the old eye's open and I was soon dozing there. One of several small cat naps taken so far today.
   My nephew Brian and I were suppose to go fishing this morning, but he texted me that it was going to be to hot so we postponed it until early tomorrow morning. We are to meet at 6:30 at his place here in town and then head out for the wilderness area just north of the town of Crawford. We are going to hike into a couple small ponds along the river/stream out there and fish for brook, brown and native trout. I have fished there with him before and there are fish over 20 inches in there. In the past we have just caught and released, but if we get lucky tomorrow I may keep a few and have them for dinner when my friends come in on Wednesday. It has been a very long time since I had fresh caught trout to eat. Not sure how I am going to get up that darn early though.
    Not much else is happening right at the moment. I am thinking of going to a movie later this evening and seeing the new 'Transformer's' flick. I'm hearing that it isn't all that good, but what the heck, there isn't a whole lot of other stuff to do. Brian did tell me that there will be some live music tonight over at the 'Bean Broker' after nine, so I might stop in there after the movie, since it is close by anyway. Right now though I need to go and order a couple more play tickets for Brian, Liz and I. We hope to see the 'Sound of Music' on Tuesday if there is still space available. If not though I am sure there will be space next week for sure.
   So here are a few more pictures I took a couple of weeks ago in Floyd Virginia. Enjoy.






Brynn's Birthday Party in Floyd Virginia - May 31, 2014
Part II







The Birthday Girl.





One of Brynn's friends.

A friend of a friend

Another one.



Happy Grandma.

One of her grandpa's helps out.

 



 

 

 

 






 

Let's do it again?

Rima likes the playground equipment too.

 





 

 

 

 



 

Mom had to join in on the fun.

 

 
 

 

 

 
 

The biggest kid of all.












*

No comments:

Post a Comment