Wednesday, July 16, 2014

    Very quiet here still. Kind of grey and cooler overall, it is a nice change from the high 90's and higher last week. So it was a nice morning to sleep in and enjoy the coolness of the early morning. Add in that there are maybe 8-10 other campers in the campground, and the closest to me is several hundred feet away, and it is nice and quiet with only a few birds making any noise in the morning.
    Once up it was still awfully quiet. There were no plans for anything big today so I just loafed around the trailer and read my book and took a nice shower. Did have a couple of phone calls during the late morning, although there still isn't much phone coverage out in the campground. It is still better than it has been in the past though, as I could almost understand my nephew Brian as we set up a time and a place to meet this evening in order to go out for a drive in a new area he wants me to see.
   Also got another call from a friend in Denver wanting to know when I'll be arriving there. I'll need to give him a call later on and let him know what day I think I'll be there. Right now it looks like next Tuesday late in the day, but that may change by a day or two as time goes on.
    I must say something about the play I saw last night out at the Post Playhouse in Fort Robinson State Park. It was 'A Tribute to Frank Sinatra' and consisted of 2 male and 2 female actors as well as a 3 piece band on stage, singing songs made famous by Frank. Over all it was a very good performance. All 4 of the singers have strong voices, but only one of them, one of the women, had a truly wonderful voice for doing Sinatra songs. The band was outstanding, consisting of a piano player, bass player and drummer. All three also perform at some of the other plays performed out there and they are really, really good.
     So over all, it was fun to hear some of the old songs. I learned that Frank actually recorded over 1,300 songs during his career. They didn't sing them all last night, but it was neat to note that there were only 4-5 of them they did perform that I didn't know right off.
     
Bison in the Black Hills of South Dakota - July 7, 2014












A single old bull off by his self.


The rest of the herd is off in the distance enjoying the lush green grass.

I would of loved seeing herds of millions, but I'm about 200 years to late for that. So I guess this will have to do for the time being.

A standoff as this bull crosses the road to get back to the rest of the herd. I thought for a little bit that there might be an actual confrontation. I would of been betting on the buffalo.









*

No comments:

Post a Comment