Tuesday, July 29, 2014

   Woke up to a nice cloudy and cool morning today. Spent several hours just hanging out with my friends, having breakfast and reading a real newspaper. One that you can actually hold in you own hands, not one on a computer screen. I was wonderful.
   I did have a couple of errands to do though, so I did eventually hit the road around 10:00. First stop was over at 'Discount Tires' where I hoped to just get the tires rotated and rebalanced. Unfortunately one of the four didn't have enough tread still on it to make it safe. The other three only had a little more than needed, but in the end they were so close as to need replacing immediatly too. I had hoped to get another 6 months out of this set, especially since I only got a little more than 60,000 miles on this set, instead of the 80k I got on the set preceding this one. But in the end I coughed up the dough for 4 new tires and had them mounted up and balanced. So now I should be set for another couple of years if I end up keeping this truck in the future.
   I also spent some time looking for a beach umbrella my friend had told me about. This is a piece of equipment that is nice to have when doing canoe trips in the West where trees or shade along the river might be hard to find. He had mentioned that I could find this particular item over in a specific sporting goods store for $59 each. But my friend Marge had mentioned to me that she had seen the same item in her local King Super's store for only $39. So I went to the store I thought she meant, but could not find them there. In the end George and I stopped by the store they do go to late this evening and yes.... they did have the umbrella, and yes, I did managed to buy one.
    But I'm getting ahead of myself here. Before that happened, George, Tom and I went and did a 'Boy's Night Out' at the movies. Today's pick was the film 'Lucy', a Sci-Fi thriller starring Scarlett Johansson. Not only did it have an actual plot, but it also had all the tense, gratuitous sex and violence that we have come to like in guy movies. We all talked about it for quite some time after the movie was over and as we went to eat dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.
    Lot's of rain in the area this afternoon and evening. In some areas around Denver there was 1"-3" of rain over the course of only a very few hours. The whole state needs some rain of course, but it is suppose to keep raining over much of the state for the next 2-3 days. Tonight, areas that saw some of the highest totals this evening are in for another 1"-3" rain before the night is done. I hope everyone stays safe tonight.




*

No comments:

Post a Comment