Tuesday, July 8, 2014

   Had a wonderful day  yesterday driving up into the Black Hills of South Dakota and riding on the 1880's Train. I believe I wrote about most of the day yesterday afternoon though, so I won't bother to repeat all of it here again.
   Life has been pretty routine since that time. I got back to the trailer last night before dark so I managed to miss the hoard's of deer and other critters that come out right at dusk and seem to be intent on jumping in front of what ever vehicle is going down the highway the fastest. Once back I just read a magazine and my book for the rest of the evening, so it was a nice and quiet way to spend a few hours.
    Finally got a chance to sleep in and catch up with my sleep this morning. Nice and cool until nearly 9:00 when the trailer finally started to heat up too much to sleep comfortably. I had a nice breakfast and read some more of my book and worked on some photo's for a while. Took a nice walk out and around the park for an hour or so before packing up my computer bag and heading in to town to get on line.
   Had meant to get a bunch of pictures loaded up this afternoon but have been having problems getting them to load up correctly. Finally got the ones posted below to load but there are still a bunch of others that I am waiting for that may or may not make it before I need to go.
    I will be heading over to Fort Robinson State Park and the Post Playhouse this evening for the 1st of 5 plays I'll be seeing over these next two weeks. Tonight's play is the 'Sound of Music', always one of my favorites. While out there I also need to check on a ticket for one of my nephews for Saturday afternoon's play. I checked on line and found that not only were there plenty of tickets left, something that was not true a couple of days ago, but that the seats I had already bought and reserved were some of the ones available. So there is obviously something wrong going on with their web site. I'll check on it while I'm out there this evening and see what is happening.
   Right now though I need to finish up here and go find some food for dinner. I'm anxious to go see a play again and am looking forward to seeing all of the others with either friends or family. Speaking of which; my friends, Marge and George from the Denver area, are coming up tomorrow afternoon to stay with me for a couple of days. It's always great to see them again and spend some time with them. I am sure we will be busy wandering around looking at everything this weekend leading up to the 'Fur Trading Days' celebration that starts on Thursday. I imagine it will be a little crazy while they are here so it may be a day or two before I can get anything more posted. So until then enjoy the pictures posted below. They are some I took a couple of days ago while my nephew Brian and I were out on a early evening drive. I always did have a soft spot for windmills.

Evening Drive in Nebraska near Chadron - July 3, 2014



I really liked the look of the clouds in this one.


Just a classic scene from out here in the west.

One last shot.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment