Thursday, July 3, 2014

    Made it into Chadron State Park early yesterday afternoon after a nice drive up from my sisters place in Imperial. The only thing of any note about the whole trip was that the State Park, Ash Hollow, that I wanted to stop and visit on the way, is closed except on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So I will have to go visit that site some other time when I get a chance.
    But I made it up here okay and found a nice spot in the campground for the next couple of weeks. I unhooked Esmerelda and got her all opened up and the fans started before heading into town to do some grocery shopping. I picked up a bunch of basic stuff as well as some fresh veggies and fruit before heading back for a peaceful evening in the trailer. A nice night of reading and just relaxing before making the bed up with some freshly laundered sheets and having a good nights rest.
   I was up pretty early this morning as the sun came over the hill and warmed up the trailer. The biggest problem was a couple of flies that just wanted to torment me by using exposed portions of me as a landing strip. Grabbed some breakfast while swatting flies and then did some of the house work that has been neglected for the past three months while Esmerelda sat in Rima's yard. Still a lot to do, but it is starting to look a little better and won't take much more to get it back into shape.
   Came into town late in the morning and stopped first at the courthouse in order to renew the license plates on the truck and trailer. Five minutes and $138+ dollars was all it took to get everything taken care of for another year. I'm not sure why Colorado could never figure it out that easy, but I'm happy I switched to Nebraska plates last year. So now I'm good for another year of travel.
   Just finished checking out the schedule for plays out at the 'Post Playhouse' at Fort Robinson State Park. They have a wonderful season planned that include the plays; The Sound of Music, Guys and Dolls, 9 to 5, School House Rock and a musical tribute to Frank Sinatra. I hope to see all of them while I am here and there is a good chance that I may see several of them more than once.
   Waiting to hear from my nephew Brian to see what he has going on. I'm hoping to go look at wildlife in the surrounding area at some point, but am also hoping to do a little fishing with him while I am here. Otherwise it should be a pretty easy afternoon.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment