Sunday, November 9, 2014

    A real quick post this evening because most of the day has been pretty routine, consisting mostly of driving from Coos Bay to Corvallis, while the evening will be taken up with a 3 hr. contra dance and then another long drive back to camp.
     So.... I've pretty much just talked about everything that has happened so far. It was a very nice drive up as the sun was back out today. I had thought it was suppose to turn off grey and cold and rainy because of a storm coming in from the north. But it turns out that it only turned out cold. I left the coast a little bit before noon and was into the town of Corvallis before 3:30.
    The dance will start at 7:00 this evening and is only going to run until 10:30 so I am going to figure on just driving back to the coast after the dance. But I am also going to reserve the possibility of finding a cheap hotel room afterwards if I feel like that is going to be to much.
   For now though I'm off to find a target store if one is around. Here is one photo from the other night when I was heading home to the campground after going to the Coos Bay contra dance.


Winchester Bay boats in the fog - Nov 2014




I got stopped one night on my way back to the campground from the local contra dance. A couple of fishing boats were making their way out to sea and the highway draw bridge decks had to be raised to accommodate their passage out. I just rolled down the window, braced the camera on the window sill and started snapping pictures. This one turned out the best and kind of gives you the eerie feel of the fog and the sodium vapor lamps they use on board the boats. The orange color is real, I just cropped the picture and cleaned up some of the fuzziness.




brk*

1 comment:

  1. Great picture! It really captures the "eerie feel of the fog."

    ReplyDelete