Thursday, November 6, 2014

   I woke up around 5:30 this morning to more rain on the roof. After having a pretty nice day yesterday I had been hoping that it would be nice and dry this morning so that not only could I pack up, and hitch up without any rain, but that the drive down the coast would be nice and sunny also. It of course, was not meant to be. It rained pretty hard all through the early morning, but I have to admit that it calmed down quite a bit when it came time to hitch up the truck and stow all the outdoor stuff away. It wasn't completely dry, but I didn't end up drenched either.
    It was rainy pretty much all the way down the coast to Coos Bay though. At times it really came down hard and in certain areas there was a lot of wind to join the rain. In other places some pretty good banks of fog helped hide rivers and bays I crossed, as well as a few of the capes and points along the coast. All in all though it was a very nice drive this morning and afternoon. That part of the coast is some of the prettiest in all of Oregon.
   I pulled into North Bend Oregon around 3:00 and made my way west to the town of Winchester Bay and then on out to Cape Arago State Park. The park looks to be really beautiful and there were plenty of  spaces to pick from when I checked in. I have to admit that it is starting to get easier to back the trailer in these days. I slid it into my space, avoiding the hedge, the tree and the picnic table, with hardly a glitch. Getting unhitched and setting it all up was only a matter of about 10 minutes. Of course there is always more to do on the inside, but most of that gets taken care of as needed and really the only thing I needed tonight was my electric kettle, a couple cans of various things, chili and such, and a bottle or two of some kind of hooch. This time it was just a bottle of JD.
   So far the only bad thing to report is that there is absolutely no WiFi signal out there at the campground. Not just for the cell phone, but there is no signal for the computer either. Usually I can at least get enough of a signal that I can log on and at least read my email, even if I can't do anything else, but not this time. So I'll just have to load the computer up every morning when I take off for the day and stop somewhere along the way if I can remember too.
   Looks like there will be plenty of things for me to do around the area. Already I know of 4 lighthouses that I want to visit. Two of them will even be new ones for me. There are also a ton of museum and art galleries, as well as an art museum, to check into. I also need too check on line again and see about a contra dance in town. I think I remember one being scheduled for either tomorrow night or next Friday. I'm hoping it is tomorrow if there is one at all.
   Time to log off for the evening. I think I'll head back to the trailer and finish up the book I'm reading.


brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment