Friday, November 14, 2014

   Wow... I'm starting to get tired of talking about all the rain out here in the NW. Seems like it has been going on forever, when really it has only been about a month and a half. And even then there were 4-5 days when it actually cleared off and the sun came out. But the truth is that it is starting to get a little old now. I still have plenty of books to read, movies to watch and models to build, but I am really starting to miss being outside a lot. I still manage to go out every day still and at least take a short walk, but when the rain is coming down in sheets, it just isn't fun any more. I think it is time to make a major change in location.
   So with that in mind, the new plan is to pick up on Sunday morning like I had planned. But rather than continue down the coast, with it's constant rain, I am going to head back up to Eugene for a couple of days instead. This may or may not get me out of the rain, but since I have used up so much time waiting for the weather to at least clear enough to hook the trailer up, it is now close enough to wait and go to the special contra dance over in Eugene on Monday night. That is when George Marshall will be calling to the tunes of Great Bear Trio. I can hardly wait.
    I'll only stay long enough in the area to do the dance, and then the plan is to hop on I-5 and head straight south to the town of Sacramento, CA. I hope by that time the sun may have come out once again.
   So it is still raining here, but it is suppose to start to let up starting this evening, so we will see. In the mean time I'm looking at maybe finding a movie to go see. I made a whole pot of home made soup last night and there is plenty of that left for dinner tonight. But I think I'll add in some dumplings tonight and make it even better.... so now I'm hungry.


brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment