Monday, November 3, 2014

   Had planned on being well south of Newport Oregon by this time tonight. Unfortunatly someone forgot to explain to the weather man, or women, that it was suppose to be dry and sunny this morning while I packed up, rather than the absolute deluge that was coming down. Needless to say, the idea of packing up in the rain and then driving for 2-3 hours in the rain and fog on two lane roads did not excite me. So I just went down to the ranger check in and told them to sign me up for another 3 nights right where I'm at. It is so nice to be able to just make decisions like that.
    So I hung out inside the trailer all of the morning just listening to the rain coming down on the roof. It did slow down around noon so I packed up the truck and headed into town to just goof off. Turns out that there are only so many stores here that you can wander around in for any length of time. So I am currently back in the library hanging out and hooking onto their WiFi. I'll be checking on line for any museums or other touristy type things in the area that look like they will be worth taking a look at tomorrow or Wednesday.
   In the mean time I have a few pictures to still deal with, a couple of books to read and a few more movies to watch, so I'm good as far as having ways to stay busy and content.


Yaquina Head Lighthouse - Oct 31, 2014




Turns out that the lighthouse is undergoing a major renovation right now so there is no real access allowed at the moment. You can get close enough for some shots through the telephoto from Moolack Beach however.

I'm not sure why the coloring in the next few pictures is the way it is. The day was rather cloudy and the sun was in the exactly wrong place for a photo, but I didn't expect them to turn out like this. I kind of like it though. In this one you can start to see all of the scaffolding surrounding the lighthouse.

A little more blue in this one.

One last long distance one.

These last two are out of my archives and show the lighthouse the last time I came by this way. This is maybe my favorite picture of all time.

One last picture.







brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment