Sunday, November 2, 2014

    Not quite as sunny outside as it was yesterday. The rain is down to a fine mist for the most part however, so it is still easy enough to be outside with out getting drenched. It is cold out on the beach though. With the wind out of the SW my hands and toes are chilly and I can see the vapor from my breath hanging in the air. Still, it's hard to resist the siren song of the waves crashing on the beach.  If it stays cold like this though I may actually have to put on real pants and shoes..... or go further south.
   I'm actually inside right now of course, safely warming myself in the dry and warm environment that is the Newport Public Library. It is remarkably busy here this afternoon as loads of people are logged onto the dozens of free computer terminals that they have available. There are of course plenty of people also perusing the many aisles of books, looking for that perfect read to take home and curl up with tonight. I already have mine for the evening of course, one of the older Martha Grimes novels, 'The Old Silent'. I have actually read this one at some point in my life, but it was long enough ago that the details are now fuzzy, plus it is now more fun to enjoy some of the delicious ways she has of phrasing things. I wonder if it is partly an 'English' thing since she uses such a great vocabulary and puts it together in such unique ways.
   I've have pretty much finished up what and who I wanted to see around this area so I'll be pushing on again early tomorrow morning. My next stop will be somewhere down between the towns of Florence Oregon and Coos Bay. Not sure which state park I'll be in yet, that is one of the reasons I'm on line right now, but there are several down there and I am sure there will be a place for me to land tomorrow afternoon.
   It has been wonderful to reconnect to this area once again and even better to finally meet up with my old friends Dave and Nancy. I can't remember if I wrote about our lunch together yesterday, but we had a good time talking about old times and people we all knew. What is even better is that when we parted Nancy gave me a jar of her just made apple butter and another one of the canned tuna that she and Dave put up. They are certainly going to be used up in the next several weeks. In fact the apple butter probably won't even make it out of Oregon.
   For now though; I need to get on line and find a new camp spot for this next week so I'll leave you with some photo's I took last night from the beach where I am currently camped. Enjoy!

Beverly Beach Sunset near Newport Oregon - Nov 1, 2014


I actually didn't have to retouch any of these for light and color, it looked just like this last night. I did crop a few of them, but not this one.

I want to call this one 'Sandpipers on the Beach' because these kids reminded me so much of them as they ran up and down the slope of the beach as the waves came in and out. Just like the little birds do. Their legs even looked like they were moving a hundred miles an hour.

 Rain squalls on the horizon let you know that there is still more rain to come later on tonight.

 

This one and the next one I really like for some reason.

 

brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment