Saturday, November 1, 2014

   It has remained remarkably non rainy since yesterday. Meaning, it has rained some, but not a lot and not very hard, so for the most part it has been very nice out. Nice enough that I hit the beach again this morning and took a very pleasant stroll out along the waves. They were really booming on the shore line, so there must been some wind somewhere out there off shore. But here in the Newport area it has been very nice despite a few minor rain sprinkles that have come through this afternoon.
    I had a very nice lunch with my friends, Dave and Nancy. They had me meet them at a restaurant they knew down overlooking the beach off the Yaquina Bay entrance. We sat for a couple of hours and talked over old times. It was a lot of fun catching up with them again. Lunch was also good with me ordering one of my favorites, fish and chips. Along with a couple glasses of ice tea it filled me up completely. Only a couple more days here in this area and still there are things to look at and do. Still, it is always nice to know that you haven't done everything there is to do, otherwise there would be no reason to ever come back. How sad would that be?
    Right now though, there are a couple more hours of daylight to play with so I'm going to quit this and go out and play. Enjoy the photo's below, they are from a few days ago up in the Cannon Beach-Haystack Rock area. A little more rain on that day, but I think they kind of convey the feeling of the Oregon coast this time of year.

Haystack Rock and Cannon Beach Oregon - Oct 28, 2014


Looking south from one of the pull outs along Hwy 101.

Haystack Rock just south of Cannon Beach. The remains of a volcanic plug that has been eroding for millions of years.

The rest of these are of the same subject, just different views so I don't plan to annotate any more of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 






brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment