Tuesday, January 26, 2016

    I finished up watching the last of the original 6 Star War films last night. I am a bit dismayed to note how dated they seem too be. I am also disappointed in my self for thinking they were so wonderful when they first came out. And there is the real conundrum, because they probably were pretty good when they came out 30 years ago. Now though they seem a little tired, the plot is pretty hokey and the actual dialogue is almost painful to listen too. That being said; I still think they are still fun to watch. I just know that it will be a few more years before I need to watch them again. Maybe by then someone will have figured out a clever way to kill off the Jar Jar Binks character, he is just annoying.
   So it was nearly 9:00 this morning before I was up and about. A leisurely couple of hours to eat breakfast and read my book and then outside to finish up some maintenance items around the trailer. By noon it was warm enough to finish up some caulking along the trailers front panel seams. I had a single can of pressurized caulking which was more than enough to finish up the caulking part of the job. I'm beginning to think that the pressurized cans are the way to go unless you have a whole lot of caulking to do, but this went on easy and there seemed to be enough caulk in each can to make it worth it's slightly higher cost. Of course the real trick to caulking is in smoothing out the seams once it is in place. Lucky for me I knew that all of this would be covered over so perfection wasn't called for. Still; I did strive to keep it as neat as possible, which meant that only a little bit of it actually ended up on my hands or elsewhere.
    Once the caulking was done I installed several layers of exterior duct tape, Gorilla Tape brand, which is UV stabilized and should therefor last longer. It is also quite a bit stickier, so it was kind of tricky to hang off of the ladder while trying to apply it in a nice straight line. It is all done now though and with a cold front, and a lot of rain coming in tomorrow. I guess it will be a good test to see how well it works.
   I'll be leaving the Tampa/St Pete area tomorrow morning and heading up the highway towards Gainsville. I contacted a RV campground up in Macintosh that I have stayed at in the past and they said they would have a place for me to land. Looking forward to being up in that area again as there always seems to be plenty of things to do. I need to finish up here though and get back to camp and start putting stuff away. The photos below are the last of the ones from my trip to England last year, it was a great trip over all and I am hoping that I will get to go again next spring when my friend Gwyn is planning on putting it on again.


 Contra Dance Week in Ely England - April 7 to 16 - Part XV
  
One of my jobs when I got there was to help the electricians set up the lights and sound system. Of course with the tight work rules there in England, there really wasn't much there that I could do. I did manage to steady a ladder or two and make suggestions on where lights could go and what color spectrum they could use for their 'up lights'. The guys doing to work were great though and we had a good time hanging out together.

I suggested using a warmer red-yellow spectrum for the background colors and it did seem to make a lot of difference. It kind of reminded me of my high school prom but with better music, better dancing and much better people to dance with.

Interestingly enough I have no pictures of the actual dancing, most likely because it was more fun to dance than it was to take pictures. I did get a chance at a couple photos of the band, Wild Asparagus, when they did an hour long concert before dancing that night. It was fun to hear some of the tunes that we wouldn't normally hear during a regular dance night.

Amazing musicians all, all of them have played on dozens of CD's of their own or on others, including on other big name folk and country musicians around the country. They are a real joy to listen and dance too.

*brk

No comments:

Post a Comment