Thursday, January 28, 2016

   It was up early for me yesterday, part of it was that the rain that had been going on for nearly 10 hours finally stopped, but more important was that it was time to pack up and move the trailer north to the Gainsville area. Having the rain stop was a wonderful coincidence, as it meant not getting drenched while hooking up the trailer. The actual packing up went pretty smoothly, each practice run I do makes it easier and faster to do.
    So I was on the road north just a little bit before 10 this morning. Traffic was a little crazy getting out of the Tampa area, especially around those parts of the highway that had construction going on. Of course some of those sections of highway seem to have been under construction for the last 5 years and it is hard to tell when any of it will actually be done.
  That being said, it only took a little more than 3 hours to go the 150+ miles up to the town of McIntosh. I pulled into a little private RV campground, Sportsman Cove, and pulled up to the office there. I had called them the day before to be sure they had room for me and they said that they would have several sites I could pick from. I got lucky in that the lady I talked to was walking down the access road toward me when I pulled in. We sorted out which site I wanted to occupy and got the trailer backed into and set up before heading in to the office to do all of the paperwork.
   The campground was actually sold off to some new owners last year, so I was prepared for an increase in rates. But I decided to stay for a total of 33 days here so they gave me a base monthly rate of $490 for the whole time, and included in all of the utilities with it. The nice thing is that I will be able to leave the trailer right where it is, with the electric still plugged in, while I fly off to St Croix next week.
   Once the trailer was set up I spent some time inside straightening a few things out and getting some late lunch but once these few errands were finished it was time to head into town for a few fresh groceries. Mostly I just needed some bananas and other fruit and veggies, but also ended up picking up a fresh rotisserie chicken, one of my all time favorite meals.
   Of course with all of this fresh food in the truck it was then time to go out to a local restaurant for dinner. I had been having cravings for weeks for a pulled goat or beef cheek burrito at a local Bodega Rima and I had happened upon a couple of years ago. So I ended up there munching on the 'Cabeza' burrito and it was as wonderful as I remembered it being.  From there it was back to the trailer to unpack stuff and spend a quiet evening reading my book.  

*brk

No comments:

Post a Comment