Tuesday, April 23, 2013

   Landed back at Raleigh NC just a little while ago after taking the 'red eye' flight out of Denver this morning. It was suppose to be a 1:00 a.m. departure but the raging snow storm outside set things back a little bit. Was also surprised to find that the whole plane was taken up with passengers, something that I certainly didn't expect to happen.

    Having had to drive in the snow all afternoon and evening last night it was a relief to land here and find that while grey and sorta rainy, it was still nice and warm outside. I had a full day yesterday prior to taking off. I met several of my friends over at a local mexican restaurant, Luna's, for lunch and some final conversation. Good time there, but it was right around noon when the weather changed from bright, sunny, blue skies to grey, windy and howling snow. Unfortunately I had planned to use that afternoon to make one final run up to Longmont and drop some boxes off at the storage unit. Also did a little banking while up there and even picked up a last bit of mail that was in my mailbox.

    The snow was kind of a hassle, mucking up the highways and causing people who should know better to drive like idiots. After running my errands in Longmont it was back on the highway going south in order to meet up with George for a 'boys night out at the movies' gig. On the agenda for that day was the new Tom Cruise movie, 'Oblivian'. I liked it! An interesting plot, pretty well acted and lots of gratuitous violence and sexual innuendo. After the movie we headed over to the local burger joint and sat and discussed the movie over some dinner. It was there that George and I discovered that we both must of been watching a different movie even though sitting right next to each other, because we couldn't seem to agree on anything we had just seen. :) So we will both end up seeing it again and one of us will have to spot the other a beer or something.

     It was hard to say goodbye to my friends last night, but it was time to be out of their way.... something to do with a comparison between 3 days visits and dead fish. But they are a wonderful couple and it was enjoyable to spend some time with them this past week.

    Need to go get some groceries and then head back out to the state park and see how Esmerelda is. The truck was safe and happy in it's parking spot for the week, so I hope the past week has been okay for the trailer. After that I think it will be time for a 8-9 hour nap since I've been up since 8:30 yesterday morning and I'm pooped. I hope there will still be a little time left in this week to explore a little bit of the area around here.





No comments:

Post a Comment