Wednesday, April 17, 2013

    What a shock it is going from balmy 82 degree temps to below freezing with driving snow and sleet. It isn't bad enough that you have to get up at 4:00 in the morning in order to make it to the airport the 2 hours early that they always say you are suppose to do. Only to spend about an hour and a half of that time sitting there thinking about how nice it would be to back in bed asleep right now. No, you must also make sure it is freezing cold outside when you pick up the rental car and you realize that not only are your coat and gloves still sitting on the couch in the trailer where you left them last night, but that the nearly brand new $20,000 car you just rented doesn't come equipped with a $3.00 snow brush and ice scraper.

   But here I am ranting again when what I should be mentioning is the absolute miracle it is to wake up in Raleigh, NC early in the morning and be 1,400 miles away in Denver, CO before noon on the same day. Now that is something to think about, even if it was only 23 degrees out with snow and ice on the roads. :)

    Had a bit of lunch after picking up the rental car and headed over to my friends place, George and Marge, to get rid of my gear and maybe catch a nap. I may have actually gotten a few winks in, but not nearly enough to even up the score. We talked for a good long while and then had a nice evening meal before I headed over to my niece's place to meet up with the rest of the family. All the siblings there, except for the oldest brother, and quite a few of my nieces and nephews. Even a few great nieces and nephews too. Not nearly all by any means, but there will be a ton more of them at the funeral service tomorrow. Speaking of which.... I need to be up way to early again tomorrow morning so I need to turn in.

No comments:

Post a Comment