Friday, April 12, 2013

    Up at 3:00 a.m. this morning and on my way to the airport soon after. Cold, frosted windows let me know that it is still early spring in Colorado, despite what the calender is saying. On the plane and heading east by 6:00.

    Jetting above the clouds and heading for Chicago and a change of planes, it was somewhere over a Midwestern state, while in the clear sunshine at 37,000 feet that my mom passed away back in Denver. I wouldn't find out until an hour after landing back in Richmond when one of my brothers called to tell me.

   Having just spent the last week with her it was no real surprise really, though she could of just as easily held on for another year or two. So now there is that empty spot inside that will take some time to work through. I'll be heading back to Colorado in a couple of days or so once I hear a few more of the details. But I am so glad to of had the chance to tell her goodbye in person last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment