Sunday, January 4, 2015





   Just a quick medical update while I am temporarily upright. The cold/flu/whatever it is that I have, is now in it's 5th day. I would like to say I'm feeling better..... but that isn't true, so I won't. Not sure if this is a positive or not but it seems like there is now less nasal congestion and more top of the chest/lungs coughing and congestion going on. It makes my ribs hurt when I cough.
   Am continuing to rinse the old nasal ducts every hour or so with my saline rinse/waterboarding technique. Dam do I hate that.... but it feels so much better after flushing all that gunk out again. You know it must be pretty horrific when your girlfriend has to leave when you do it, or suffer through a bout of sympathetic vomiting right along with you. Yuck!
   That being said..... I think it might actually be on the downhill side for me. Unfortunately Rima seems to have her own version of this stuff and she isn't feeling all that well either. I don't think I have ever seen her stay in one place for so long..... or take a nap before. So she must be feeling pretty poorly.
    So of course we are both disappointed in not being able to go over to Jonesbourough TN this last weekend and dance with everyone there. I am hearing through the grape vine that others who went to CDH are having similar illness's these past few days. It may be that sickness may be the price to be paid for having fun that weekend. On the other hand registration for CDH 2015 opened up today on line. Great Bear Trio again along with the Mean Lids. Add in Toss the Possum and Beth and Sara calling and you can see it is going to be another fun filled week. I already signed up on line and now just have to send in money.
   So while still thinking about contra dancing; here is another short video from last year. It does feature the Great Bear Trio again, but this time we were in Memphis TN at their Memfest weekend.  Rima and I are both in this video about half way down the center line.









brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment