Wednesday, January 7, 2015

    Went to bed last night thinking the flu, or what ever it was I had been suffering through, was pretty much over.... boy did that turn out wrong. Actually woke up more congested and with a much worse cough this morning. So now I am in emergency mode and have gotten out all the big guns. So in addition to snorting salt water up my nose several times a day, there is now saline mist that can be sprayed up it at any time. It helps keep the nasal passages moist and unclogged between bouts of self induced water boarding.
    There are also new fever and pain meds to be downed on a regular basis throughout the day and night. It seems apparent that I now have a full blown nasal infection.... as usual, so it may take some time to over come it this year.  For the cough there is now Nyquil and Vix as well as cough drops. But what really seems to be helping is a thick sanding mask I picked up at the hardware store the other day. By wearing it, it seems to shut out much of the smoke and particulates from Rima's duel propane/wood furnace, and that stuff always has a way of plugging me up.
    So needless to say, not much has gone on here today. I tried earlier to go on line and set up my new phone. It is one of those you pay a small monthly fee, in my case $30, for 1200 mins of talk time, unlimited texts and even some band width for data streaming. Although with this new phone, a very simple flip phone, there won't be much texting or streaming being done. I'll be happy if it just functions as a phone. But even that was being screwed up. It seems that in order to migrate the info from my old phone to my new one you needed to sign on to their web site. Seems simple enough until you find out that the password that you are going to need to do that is going to be texted to your old phone.... you know, the one that went swimming two weeks ago and hasn't worked since. The one you had to go out and buy a new one to replace it with. Jeezh!
    Next best thing is to wait until Rima gets home and then use her phone to transfer the old telephone number over to the new phone and then activate that. Of course it has now been several hours and there is still no response on the new phone, it continues to sit there and blink that it needs to be activated. It's kind of a pain.... but eventually even it will be fixed and all will be right with the world once again.
    So otherwise the only thing done today was to take a couple of naps and try to stay warm. It was snowing this morning when I woke up, but that soon stopped and just the cold, cold wind was left to remind me that it is still winter.
     Hope to feel better once again tomorrow. There are still things that I would like to get accomplished while I am here. There is still firewood to be cut down and then up, but top on my list is to go into town and get a hair cut. It was wooly enough nearly a month ago, so it is way past its prime right now.
    There is also a stop at a Camping World that would be nice to get done. It isn't absolutely necessary, but it sure would be nice to get that chore off of my list. I do really need to look at my scheduling book tomorrow also. I need to be back in Florida sometime in the next few days and it would be nice if I had a camping reservation in place once I got there.  Right now though I could really use a good nights worth of sleep. But as that is not likely to happen I will close here anyway and go read a little bit in my book.  Sorry that it is another video being posted this evening, but that is what happens when I'm too sick to be out taking pictures of my own. I hope they are at least a little bit entertaining and that they give those of you who have never seen or experienced a live contra dance a chance to see what I am always off doing. Tonight's viewing is from several years ago at the Great Bear Trio Groove in Oswego NY. I was actually at this dance and if you look close you will see me a few times. I would recommend you look for my girlfriend Rima however. Not only is she better looking, but for some reason she shows up much more often in the film.


Great Bear Groove 2013 - Benton's Hallucinations











brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment