Thursday, January 1, 2015

    The dancing in Morgantown is now over again for another year. As in past years it will likely become the dance highlight of the whole year, even though there have been many wonderful dance weekends throughout the months since last Christmas.
    Dancing actually stopped around midnight on the 30th when Great Bear Trio played their final waltz of the session. It was an end to a wonderful week of entertainment and fun, so it was bitter-sweet in many ways. I unfortunately felt like a cold was coming on, so I didn't dance much that night. Opting instead to sit out in the library area where I could still hear the music and see the dancers without having to decline too many dance requests or pass on some of my germs.
    Yesterday morning was a time to say goodbye to many good friends during breakfast. I still wasn't feeling all that bad, but had enough of a raspy throat to try and avoid direct contact with anyone. We spent an hour or two having some breakfast and saying our goodbyes, before packing up the truck and heading back to Virginia.
    Everything seemed to be normal back at Rima's, place other than the house was pretty darn cold. We soon got a fire started in the furnace however and heated up some soup and tea water. Once everything was unpacked from the truck, we just flopped down on the couch and watched a couple of episodes of The Big Bang Theory before heading for bed.
   My sinus's were all plugged up by that time and I could feel a sore throat coming on, so I grabbed the upstairs bed and tried to find a position where my nose would drain enough that it didn't feel like someone was suffocating me. It was a struggle for most of the night, but I eventually slept enough that I woke up around noon feeling like maybe I was on the mend already. That is maybe the one bad thing about the whole dance week up in Morgantown, it seems like every year I come down with a cold or the flu no matter how careful I am with washing my hands and keeping sick people away from me. But at least this time it didn't manifest itself until pretty much the last day of dancing, so that is a plus.
    I am hoping to continue to improve over the next 24-48 hours as believe it or not, we are heading out to another dance weekend tomorrow afternoon. This one is only over at Jonesbourough TN, but it should be a fun dance with Perpetual e-Motion providing the main dance music and a couple other bands filling in for the waltzing and other dance programs. So right now I think I'll go brew another cup of tea and maybe take a nap. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment