Monday, January 5, 2015

    Seems hard to believe, but after nearly 6 days of feeling pretty puny, I finally woke up this morning feeling like maybe the cold/flu/whatever the heck it is that I have, was getting better. Still been coughing off and on for most of the day, and there have been plenty of nasal lavages today, but I actually got up, shaved, took a shower and even got dressed. Rima was very grateful.
    Most of the day was still spent indoors, but there were a couple of hours this afternoon where it seemed warm and calm enough to go outside for a while. Mostly just walked around and enjoyed the fresh, brisk air. But I did spend some time to stack a few more limbs into the slash piles out by the fence line along the main road. It felt good.
   Also spent some time trying a new method for making sour dough bread from my sour dough starter.  Last time I ended up with two small balls of dough that were more like building bricks than bread. Though they did have an intense sour dough taste and tang to them. This time I left out the overnight rest of the 'sponge' in the fridge and instead just let the dough rise only two times instead of three. It did give me a puffier loaf when it finally came out of the oven, you can actually use it to make a sandwich with at least, but it didn't rise nearly as much as a regular loaf of homemade bread. It also didn't develop nearly as tart of a sour dough taste as the last time. So there seems to be plenty of room for improvement yet. I'm thinking that the next time I'll go back to letting it rest overnight in the fridge. I also think that the biggest problem is that the house hasn't been warm enough for it to have a good rise. Will try to make it better next time.
   So other than that it has been a slow day for me, with lots of book reading and napping going on. It is hoped that tomorrow will be a lot more interesting. For one thing, I need to run into town and find a new telephone. So far I have been okay without one, but there is still a need for me to keep hooked into friends, family and business's that I need to talk too.
     There are other reasons to head into town of course, but I think it will just be a matter of waiting to see how the health is in the morning.
     In the meantime; here is another contra dance video that I like. It has a different band doing the music, 'Contrazz', out of North Carolina. This dance takes place in the Tampa Bay/St Pete area of Florida every January. This '2008 Snowball Dance' was the 2nd dance weekend I ever attended, and after dancing there all weekend it just made me want more. I am in the video at several points, but you have to look quick. Enjoy!


CONTRAZZ at the 2008 Florida Snowball Dance Weekend







brk*

































No comments:

Post a Comment