Tuesday, January 27, 2015

   Started to pack up the trailer this evening. Seems hard to believe but it has been a week since I first pulled in here, but I'll be hooking up the trailer in the morning and pulling out way to darn early. My destination for tomorrow is Sportsman Cove RV camp in the town of McIntosh. That's about 150 miles north and a little east of where I am at the moment.
  Gave them a call this morning and the lady there said they had a spot for me when I got there. I've stayed with them several times over the years and have always enjoyed it even though it is pretty run down, and downright dilapidated in so many ways. But the office ladies are always pretty friendly, as are the permanent residents. I just want a decent hook up and some place to park the truck and they can usually accommodate that.
    Today was pretty quiet so I spent the morning just hanging out and reading a book. Got bored this afternoon though so I took the truck and headed south to the town of Sarasota. Wandered around their old town and went out to the beach. Had a beer and some fish tacos for dinner at a little beach bar there. It was quite nice to sit out in the sunshine and watch as the brown pelicans sky dived head first into the ocean in their own search for fish.
    Headed back north to the trailer after dark via the Sky Bridge on I-275. It was fun to watch from the roadway as the lights of the boats in the entrance channel to Tampa Bay winked as they rocked in the waves down below. A pretty night, and no real wind for a change. It is suppose to get cold tonight though, and it isn't suppose to get any warmer than 65-67 tomorrow. Still.... it's a lot better than some of my friends on the upper east coast have it after the blizzard that hit them yesterday. The idea of having to shovel 2 feet of snow off the walk and driveway is enough to make me thankful that I am holed up down here in Florida where it is warm(er).


brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment