Friday, January 16, 2015

   Yesterday..... it rained all day.... nuf said about that!


   Much nicer outside today. Plenty of sunshine for most of the day and temperatures in the high 60's. I went out and wandered around the park for several hours this morning. Saw a couple wild turkeys and an armadillo rooting around in the brush. Otherwise it was just a nice quiet morning for me.
    Came back to the trailer after noon and made up some lunch after which I took a nice, though short nap. Awoke around 4:00 and wandered the park for another hour or so before coming back and taking yet another nap. Not sure what is going on with the nap thing but it just seems that my body is craving more sleep these days. It seems that I am still suffering from the after effects of being sick last week. Still a little bit of coughing once in a while, but otherwise I'm feeling pretty good. But it did mean that my nap made me slightly late for this evenings dance.
   It was the first night of contra dancing at the Orange Blossom Ball in Daytona Florida.  I got there slightly after it started at 8:00 p.m.  and danced to the hot tunes of the band Perpetual e-Motion. Later dances were by a new band to me. I can't remember their name right now, but it was 3 fiddlers and a guitar player and they were very good too. Lot's of old friends to see and dance with, but I'm tired now and it's time for a quick shower and then some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment