Tuesday, June 19, 2012

    Beautiful weather out here on the coast, warm but with a breeze off of the ocean that makes the sun feel like it is gently caressing your skin. Was up around 9:00 this morning after staying up until after 2:00 last night. Hadn't meant to stay up so late, but was busy loading some of my sister-in-laws CD's onto my computer so I would have some new tunes to play later this summer. Some new, to me anyway, Grateful Dead, Jackson Brown and assorted other 60's and 70's rock stars. We seem to like many of the same artist's, but have very few of the exact same albums. Nearly done with it now, just a few more C&W CD's to go.

    I spent the majority of the day down at Balboa Park going through the Railroad Museum and the Museum of Natural History. Both wonderful in their own right, I liked the RR Museum a bit better, but how can being around dinosaurs for the afternoon be bad. Also spent an hour or two just sitting on a bench in the shade reading a book. The newest Janet Evonovich novel, at least newest to me, book #18. She just cracks me up every time I get into one of her books. Had to finally stop so there would be something left for me to read on the plane ride home tomorrow afternoon.

   Went to dinner with the family again this evening. Indian food this evening, actually kind of surprised at how many different kinds of food my niece will at least try, if not eat whole heartily. Un-like my sister who is a lot more picky then I ever knew. It now seems likely that I am the one in the family most likely to try odd and disgusting food items. Not that Indian food has any of that, but come on people, it was only lamb saag.

    Feeling sad that it will be time to leave tomorrow. It has been really nice being out here with part of the family, but also looking forward to getting back to Colorado again and seeing some more of my friends. Also want to do a little boating with friends and certainly a couple 'boys night out movies' are on the agenda. Watching a few old 'Big Bang Theory' shows now with my niece, hope I'm not up until 2:00 tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment