Saturday, June 30, 2012

   Still hot outside today. It's not suppose to be like this until August in Colorado, I am sure it is making fighting our wild fires that much more difficult. Add to that the little bit of rain, with a whole lot of dry lightning, and the net outcome is even more fires in the state than yesterday.

   On a more positive note; went and picked up new vent covers for the trailer yesterday afternoon. Will end up replacing all 4 of them before I'm done, but there is still some question in my mind as to which type of connection each one has. They aren't all the same type of course so I only bought 3 so far. The good news is that the new ones are suppose to be unbreakable. I guess we'll see next time a good hail storm comes through or worse, when I park under some black walnut tree in some park back east. Right now of course the idea of being up on top of the trailer trying to install them is a non-starter, but there will come a day in the near future when it will be a bit cooler. Might have to wait until after the start of the next trip.

    George and I spent an evening in last night and watched a couple of episodes of the old TV show 'Firefly'. One of my all time favorite Sci-Fi shows watching them again was nearly as much fun as the first time around.

    Had to go do some lawn watering at the old house this morning. Will be glad when it is finally sold and I can stop doing this early morning stuff. Wanted to get there early enough that I wouldn't run into the realtor if she was showing it again today. Not a big deal though, just have to take a book or a couple of magazines and spend some time reading.

   This evening should be a lot of fun. Am meeting up with a bunch of friends early to go and have dinner together.... yes, it is once again Mexican food....., and then we are all going on to the Arvada Center to see the latest play. Legally Blonde is playing tonight, haven't ever seen it as a play before, but so far the reviews for it have been favorable.  I'm glad I'll be able to see at least one of the plays there this year. I've been a season ticket holder at the Arvada Center for 14-15 years now and have managed to get into seats that I really like and don't want to lose, so I still buy the whole season for two, even though I have only seen one or two plays at the most for the last 3 seasons. Several of my friends have since then started to buy season tickets on the same night so it has become a nice way to spend an evening with some of them, so tonight will be pretty special.

      


No comments:

Post a Comment