Friday, June 29, 2012

    Caution: the last two posts have gone out with out the benefit of spell check... for some reason it has just stopped working for me. Not sure what it was that I did to piss it off.... but I'm sorry!

   Got the iPod jack installed in the truck this morning. It took them better than two hours to do it, but after looking at the installation it was obvious that I could never have done it. So the good news is that I will no longer have to listen to "COMMERCIAL" radio if I don't want to. It certainly came in handy this afternoon as I drove up to Longmont and then back down again.

    Needed to go up and pick up a few more things at the trailer as well as drop a few things off. Also took the time to go over and pick up my mail again. Only a bit more than a week since the last time and the box was already full of junk. Did get my latest credit card bill though and took a look to see if South West Airlines really had taken the charges for that 2nd ticket off as they said they would.... They did... so kudo's to them for actually doing not only what they said they would but what was the right thing to do in the first place.

   Long drive home this evening. Ran into a traffic jam as soon as I hit the on ramp to I-25 up at the Longmont exit. From there it was nearly 3 hours of stop and go traffic until finally making it back to my friends home in southern Denver. I am so glad that I no longer have to do that on a daily basis.

    Was starving once back at my home base, and also had to pee like a banshee since there was no place to really get off and go to the bathroom in Denver proper. I made it in both cases though and picked up my friend George for yet another meal out of mexican food. For those of you that have been following this blog over the past two weeks you might be starting to see a trend develop as far as where and what I like to eat when I go out for a meal. Not that I don't also like other types of food, but mexican will likely always be my favorite.

   Brought George home afterwards, got some real shoes and socks on, brushed the teeth and then headed to Washington Park to do a little folk dancing outside in front of the boat house there. Forty two years and counting of dancing there every summer. Still lots of old time friends and some wonderful dances that never get old. Lot's of new dances too and it is still fun to try and pick up the steps from behind the line. Still pretty good at picking up most of the patterns, but it would probably help if I danced more than once or twice a year. Guess you can only do what you can and the rest is just extra.

   Still a bit of work to do on the trailer before it is ready to go again, but it is getting closer to being complete again. Looking at taking out of here a day or two after the 4th and heading for the Chadron, Nebraska area for a couple weeks. Need to sit down and get the calender out again and start planning the next 6-8 months again. It always seems like there is going to be enough time to do everything and then 'Poof', next thing you know another month has gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment