Thursday, June 21, 2012

   Very busy day today. First on the agenda was getting the truck washed and cleaned out. Hasn't had a real washing for a couple of months now and some of the bug gut's were a bit hard to get off the front of the grill. It looks better now at least. Was hoping that if I washed it that it might rain a bit this afternoon, but no luck on that.

   Also went and got the oil changed and all the stuff under the hood checked out. So far everything seems to still be running okay. The truck has more than 125,000 miles on it now and I'm starting to wonder when things are going to start to go seriously wrong with it. Hoping that it can last me at least one more good trip this next fall and into winter and spring before I need to replace it with something newer.

   Went and saw a movie with my friend George this afternoon. 'Promethius' was the movie and it turned out to be an okay 'boys night out' kind of flick. A prequel to all of the Alien movies, it had some good special effects in it and the plot was at least decent. Or maybe it should be said that it was decent enough to have a plot. Guess I'll have to go get a copy of the other Alien movies since I've never really seen any of them. Still know the gist of the plot, but it might be good to know what all the rest of it was all about.

    Had a nice dinner afterwards with a friend of mine here in the Denver area. Mexican food again.... this time at one of my all time favorite restaurants, 'El Tejado'. Good to catch up on what has been happening with her for the last 10 months or so and the food was wonderful also.

    Had plenty of time to slip over to Washington Park afterwards and do a little folk dancing in front of the boat house there. 'Sugar', Sukar Basanov, (sp) has been dancing there for 42 years now and I've been there at least once a year for all of those years, including the 1st night he showed up with his wife, two daughters, a couple of friends and an old record player on a wobbly card table. I have to go see him every year because he really changed my life that 1st evening, when as a 13 year old kid he invited me up to dance my first folk dance with him and his friends. Life has not been the same since then.

    Lot's of friends to see there and to talk to, as well as a few new people also. A lot of the same old dances which are a lot of fun. I probably need to come more than once or twice a year if I want to learn many of the new one's. One good thing is that it still seems pretty easy for me to learn new dances, must be something in the way my mind see's and processes patterns that makes it easier for me than most. What ever it is though, I'm just glad I'm not so introverted anymore that I won't go out and try new things.

   A lot more errands to run tomorrow, probably a trip up to Longmont to start putting the trailer back together again. Also a contra dance in Denver tomorrow evening. The 'Avant Gardeners' will be doing dances in Denver, Ft Collins and Boulder over the next 3 days and I hope to get to all of them. Not quite a 3 day dance, but about as close to one as the Denver area will ever get it seems.


No comments:

Post a Comment