Monday, June 18, 2012

    Just finished up dinner with my sister and her partner... Mexican food again... go figure. The niece is out at a birthday party for some of her friends so it's pretty quiet in the house this evening. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

   Today has been very quiet. It started out with some very grandiose plans of going down to Balboa Park in San Diego and visiting as many of the museums there as I had time and energy for. At least that was the plan while laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, and wondering if it was time to get up, or time to roll over and get in one final cat nap. I did manage to get up and take a shower and get some breakfast. Left overs from all the wonderful meals I've had these past three days. So there was still some Greek food, bagels and lox, watermelon.... yum!

    I have to say that the shower here is one of the best I've ever been in. It's in a standard tub, so nothing special there, but the shower head is this oversize thing that makes it feel like it is raining warm water down over your whole body. I need this shower in my trailer, with it I could be pretty happy while on the road.

   Anyway; turns out that I didn't do much of anything else, surfed the web, read the comics, took a short walk around the neighborhood. Mostly it was just a matter of sitting on the back patio in the shade and reading my book while sipping cold drinks. I discovered my sister-in-laws stash of CD's late this afternoon and have been busy importing them into i-Tunes since then. It'll be fun to have some new music to listen to again, though I probably already have more music than I'll ever be able to listen to again.

   It's now nearly 9:00 and Char is looking like she needs to go to bed. I am so glad I don't have to get up at 4:00 like she does. A good day overall really, it surprised me that when I wrote a post on facebook exclaiming how little I had done today.... most people thought that was worth 'liking'.

Here are a couple pictures from today.

A bird of paradise flower in my sister's backyard.

A slightly different view.





No comments:

Post a Comment