Saturday, June 23, 2012

    Busy, busy day today. Headed north to Longmont late this morning, got to the trailer and started unloading some of the stuff from this last trip that will be staying in my storage shed for this next trip. That included about 30 pounds of various DVD movie's I've bought and watched over the course of 10 months. It's easy to do anymore with a DVD going for as little as a couple bucks each. A lot are movies I've seen before and just wanted to see again, but a few actually have some artistic or scholastic merit to them. Love those 'Planet Earth' ones and the history ones I've purchased.

   Also had a whole bag of empty plastic peanut butter jars I've managed to eat all of the peanut butter out of. (I seem to eat a lot of peanut butter for some reason). Not sure why I keep the jars anymore, I use to love them for storing nails, screws and other hardware in, but that was back when I lived in a real house and had a place, and a need, for things like that. Not sure if that will ever be the case again, I seem to go back and forth on whether or not I'll ever settle down again. Right now it's no.... ask me again a few months from now though and it could be a whole different answer.

    Took the one empty 30 lb propane tank off and went and had it filled. There is a place on the north end of Longmont that will do it for $26. That is about as cheap as I have been able to find it in my travels around the country. The other tank is still at least half full, so I only used a tank and a half in the last 10 months.

    Also went and got my truck tires rotated and re-balanced. They are still looking good after nearly 80,000 miles, but I think it will be time to replace them all before taking off in September. That will certainly be a big shock to the wallet as it will be close to $1,400 again if I choose to go with the same type tire. I also have one trailer tire that will need to be replaced before the next trip, but at least that one will be under $100.

     Got back into Denver a little bit after 5:00. Had set up a dinner date with a good friend of mine over at Racine's at 5:30. Since there was a little time before that I parked the truck and gave my sister in Florida a call to see how she and her husband were doing. It all sounded good for the time being, but he will soon be going in for a kidney transplant, so there is a bit of worry from every one about that. Had rolled down the truck windows while on the phone so the truck wouldn't heat up in the sun and start to bake me. The problem is that when I went to roll them up again and leave, the window on the drivers door wouldn't go up. Bummer! Spent about 10 minutes trying to see how hard it was going to be to get the inside door panel off, but there didn't seem to be any easy way to go about it. Finally ran out of time and gave up for the night. Took everything out of the inside of the cab and stuck it all in the back of the truck and locked it all up there, before going in and meeting up with my friend.

    We had a wonderful dinner and tried to catch each other up on what we have been doing for the past 10 months. She has certainly been busy and has made it out to a couple of good dances in the West. It sounds like she will be travelling more this winter and as she has lots of family still back east we may actually have a chance to meet up along the way and have dinner and a dance or two.

    Speaking of dancing; the Avant Gardeners are playing 3 nights here this weekend. Tonight was the first night here in Denver with Duffy calling. He has certainly improved since the last time I danced to his calling. The dance started off a bit slow and there were a lot of people there, a full 3 lines to start. Was a bit worried that the altitude was really going to effect me tonight, but really there weren't any problems at all. Really didn't breath hard any time during the night, which just shows how aerobic some of the dances back east can be, because on some of those dances it's hard to catch your breath at times.

    It was a good time all in all and I stayed and danced all of the dances. Got to see and talk to a lot of my old friends. Interesting to note how many of them, some I barely know, knew that I had been travelling around the country. Will try to get the truck window fixed tomorrow after going to brunch with George and Marge. Then it will be off to Fort Collins and another night of dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment