Sunday, July 1, 2012

   Wonderful day today... Went and had lunch with my friends again one last time. This time we did Chinese food though at a little place they knew about. I love Chinese food..... in fact I seem to like almost any kind of food, but Chinese is one of my favorites.

    Once done with that and back at the house it was a matter of packing up all my stuff and loading up the truck. Figured that I had bothered this set of friends enough on this trip back and that it was now time to shift over to some new friends and annoy them for a little while.

   Went and ran a few errands first, though most of it wasn't very successful. About the only thing that really worked out was that I found a small coffee press for the trailer. Now you need to understand that I don't do coffee, never have and most likely never will. Not sure why I never took up the habit having grown up in a large family of coffee drinkers, but it never happened. I've always been a tea drinker instead. In fact, if more than four years in the military couldn't convince me to take up the habit, nothing else ever will. On the other hand; lots of my friends drink it and most of my family, so it seemed like it would be nice if I could at least offer them the means to make some if they ever visited me, even though I assure you that you don't want to have me making it for you. So I hope what I got today will work for them. Will have to get some coffee of course, but that will be for later when it is time to take off again.

    Got over to my other friends house this evening and moved my stuff in. They live in a beautiful house on a lake an have all the 'Toy's' you could ever want. Will be doing a bit of paddling and sailing while I am here I hope. But for this evening it was nice to sit back and watch some of the America's Cup Sailboat racing on TV, as well as watch most of the soccer finals between Spain and Italy with my friend. It's not often that I get to watch anything on TV so it was a real treat in a way. On the other hand it also reaffirmed the reason why I don't own a TV of my own. Boy those commercials are annoying!

   Off to Longmont in the morning. I am hoping that it will be cool enough that I might be able to climb on the trailer roof and get some work done on it. If not though, there are still a few other things to do and of course there is always a chance to pick up mail again. Oh... and one other thing, I think I'll try to  find my kilt again. It's been a long time since I wore it, but I thought it would be nice to take it along with me on the next trip.... if it is anywhere to be found that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment