Monday, July 2, 2012

    Headed for Longmont early this morning before the day got to hot. Wanted to get up there and get some work done on the trailer roof, but it was already 85 degrees by 9:30. Still cooler than it had been for several days though, so I got the ladder out, climbed up on top and tried to figure out how I was going to get 3 of the 4 roof vents off and replaced. First of course was the matter of seeing if I had even picked up the right replacement lids for them, but it wasn't until I had pretty much destroyed the old ones that it became evident that out of the 3 ones I had picked up a couple of days ago.... none of them were the ones I needed.  Oops!

     So it was off to the RV store again to see if there were any of the other ones there that now looked like they would fit. Found 2 of the 3 I needed and headed back to the trailer. More than 94 degrees by that time, but I started in on them anyway. After a couple of hours, numerous, (about 50), times up and down the ladder, a bit of jury rigging, some judicious hammer work, and I had 2 of them done. Only one more to go, but the one I had left wasn't going to fit no matter how many times you hit it with a hammer. The biggest problem, since i wasn't going to be able to find one to fit today, was that there was still this big open hole in the roof now, and nothing to  patch it with. Ended up using my patented leaking roof fix... ie, hang the umbrella upside down under the opening and pray that it doesn't rain to hard before you can get back with a replacement unit. Hey; it works.... usually!

   Since I was up there in Longmont anyway it made sense to go check on mail again.... only one magazine today. Headed out to the storage unit after that and a little lunch to straighten things up a bit and look for my kilt. Managed to get to 2 of the 3 wardrobe boxes out there and it, of course, wasn't in either of them. So it looks like there will be no kilt on my next road trip.

    Got back to Denver in time to have dinner with my friends. We went over to Chipolte's and picked up a couple of burritos to bring home. Had some salad to go along with it and something to drink.... a real nice dinner.

    Have been hanging out here for the rest of the evening. It got real cloudy and windy for a little while, looked like it might actually be raining north of here. We certainly need the rain, but was hoping it wasn't raining right over the trailer tonight. Will be up and on the road again early in the morning. It would be nice if I could get it all done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment