Friday, July 27, 2012

   A nice warm and sunny day here in beautiful Colorado. It is truly a wonderful place to be all the time, but summer is always the best time to be here. Spent yesterday running errands and doing laundry. My friends are just great when it comes to putting up with me at times. They also have this awesome washer and dryer they let me use. Bet you never expected to hear a guy gush over how great laundry products are, but these machines are amazing. Very low water and no agitator thingy in the middle. Still have no idea how it works, but my clothes have never been cleaner. Got all my regular dud's done yesterday and got a start on all my bedding, including stuff like the bedspread, blankets and mattress cover that don't get done every 2-3 weeks like everything else. Still a couple of pillows to do and then I'm done.

   Lots of errands to run yesterday. Got my voter registration status updated again to make sure the idiot guy in charge of voter registration in Colorado didn't decide to drop me off the list since I didn't vote in last springs special election. Seems they are looking for excuses to do that everywhere anymore so it pays to check your status every once in a while. Also found out that I could sign up to have my 'mail in ballot' sent directly to me via email. Much easier than having to have my friends forward my mail to me at some, as yet unknown, location so that I can do my civic duty. Will still have to print it off and mail it in, but this is a big step forward. Now if I could only fill it out and email it back it would be even better.

   Also made a couple calls to the Colorado DMV and may have found the answer to my truck and trailer registration renewal. The problem where they are due in December and January and I and the vehicles are somewhere in the SE United States. The voice on the phone said that I could go and have the truck 'smogged' while I'm here in Colorado and then mail the certificate in with my renewal notice when it comes due. Didn't sound like something that would work at first, but evidently thousands of collage students and military people do it all the time, so I guess we will see when it comes due.

    Had drinks and dinner with a couple friends here in Denver then last night. Good time there with lots of good conversation. They are thinking of going on the road also, once they both retire, so they were interested in any information that I might share with them. Certainly have many opinions on the subject now that I've been doing it for nearly 4 years. Still, a lot of what they need to do will come down to  their own personnel preferences. I think there was enough info there to give them a start at least, so maybe they won't make some of the same mistakes I did.

    Folk dancing in Washington Park then last night. Beautiful evening with just a hint of a breeze off the lake and a half moon peeking in and out of the clouds. Always fun to dance down there and see some of my old friends. I need to go down to the park at some point and take some new pictures of the place where I pretty much grew up. Sure spent a lot of my youth hanging out there at the boat house and the Rec Center. It certainly had a big influence on my life since leaving there.

    Off to visit my Mom this afternoon for a bit. Will take the computer so she can see a few pictures from this last years road trip. Looking forward to seeing and talking to her again.

   Plans for dinner with another friend, Joe, this evening and then I think I talked him into going to the contra dance with me here in Denver tonight. He use to go quite often, but gave it up after a while for some reason. Not sure what the problem was since he was actually a decent dancer and had all the other requirements for men.... be warm blooded, be breathing and have a 'Y' chromosome. I think he might of disregarded my best advice for him the first couple of times and actually thought having a women ask you to dance meant something other than.... she wants to dance and needs a partner of some kind in order to get in there. As they say in Contra: You meet, you line up, you dance, you fall in love, you break up, and then you go and do it all over again. It's a good system.

One final note; finally passed the 1,000 page view mark on this blog yesterday. Certainly not burning up the blog-o-sphere with my literary prowess, but that was never the intent so I'm pretty happy with where this is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment