Wednesday, July 11, 2012

   So good to be out on the road again... I love my friends and family, but I hadn't realized how much the open road would call even after only a couple of weeks of down time. Makes me wonder what I would of done 200 years ago, would it have been trips to the south seas on a Yankee Clipper or disappearing into the wilds of Montana for a year at a time.... maybe both!

    Picked up enough food yesterday afternoon to last a few days, except for a few fresh things that will need restocking before then. Spent the evening in the campground walking around the roads and trails there. Pretty warm and dry for this time of the year, should still be green on the hillsides but it is already a seared brown color. Not a good sign for the rest of the summer. Saw a couple of wild turkeys and earlier on a couple of deer along the road.

    Also spent some time putting things back into place in the trailer last night. No where is the physical principle of chaos theory more noticeable than in a small enclosed space. Another couple of hours should make things a bit more ship-shape. But it will be no time at all before it is back to being messy. Guess it will keep me on my toes a little bit that way.

   One of my nephews, Brian, showed up around 9:30 last night and spent a couple of hours hanging out with me. Tentative plans call for doing a little fishing sometime in the next couple of days, perhaps Friday since he has that day off. He had been out earlier scouting some new elk hunting ground for his father for this falls elk hunting season. Sounds as though he has a couple good places lined up already and will be checking another place this evening. He has invited me along for the ride which should be kind of fun. I always enjoy going out and looking at critters out in the wild.

    Have gotten a few play tickets already for myself and a couple of friends. We are doing the play 'Frog and Toad' this Sunday afternoon on the day they are coming in and then 'Grease' next Friday night. Will get a few more tickets once I hear back from my nephews and their spouses. I love being entertained like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment